Nobel Medical College Teaching Hospital is located at Biratnagar in the Eastern Region of Nepal. It was founded in 2004 with the vision to provide quality medical education in a holistic way and the various communities of Eastern Nepal.
Currently, this hospital has 911 beds serving the patients from various communities of Nepal and also Bihar state of India. It is a tertiary medical service center offering specialty and super specialty services which includes state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities ensuring the delivery of holistic patient care. The equipment used are highly advanced and sophisticated with dedicated staff, highly competent medical fraternity members with trained personnel. Being a medical college as well as a hospital with more than 1300 staff including both teaching and non-teaching, are on the payroll and render their services by maintaining sincerity and competency.
|Number of Beds||991|
|Number of Specialty Services||22|
|Number of Super-Specialty Services||9|
|Number of Diagnostic Service Departments||4|
|Number of Teaching Staff||340|
|Number of Nursing Personnel||450+|
|Daily Average Out Patients||1500|
|Daily Average Inpatients Beds Occupancy||71%|
Nobel Medical College Teaching Hospital has the vision & mission to impart quality medical education in a holistic way. Serving the various communities of Eastern Nepal and Bihar (state of India). Along with the goal to produce compassionate, community oriented doctors as professionals. With effective cognitive domain, efficient psychomotor skills, effective in serving the community also competent in application of good communication skills, professionalism and medical ethics.
1. 750 beds including IC, CCU, SICU, PICU, NICU
2. Each ward consists of a separate nursing station with easy access to every corner of the ward.
3. Ramp constructed from ground floor to 5t floor for the patients.
4. Easy availability of LIFT
5. Post OP equipped with all the necessary equipment and instruments.
6. Availability of treatment room, isolation room in each ward.
7. Adequate number of separate toilets/bathrooms for male and female patients.
8. Availability of Doctor’s room, nursing changing room, stores in each ward.
9. Security guard as per need for the safety of patients and crowd control.
10. Well-equipped labour/delivery room as per the requirement.
11. Availability of Air Conditioner, fan, electricity, water supply in each ward.
12. Waiting area.
The hospital provides 24 hours emergency services in laboratory, radiology, emergency operation and in patients.
1. Organized separately in the north east part of the hospital building with easy access for ambulances and other vehicles with ramp as well as staircase built in the main entrance of emergency.
2. Separate billing counter for the patients in emergency ward
3. Triage section, treatment room, resuscitation, observation room section allocated.
4. Availability of Blood Bank.
5. Separate radiology service for emergency cases.
6. Fast and direct services for laboratory tests.
7. Easy access to central laboratory, emergency operation theater, radiology and pharmacy.
8. Availability of 24 hours medical officers and consultants.
9. Security guards in round the clock arrangement.
10. Nepali Police Bit nearby emergency providing service round the clock.
11. There’s adequate space for treating the patients during disasters and pandemics.
12. Separate bathroom available near emergency ward for both male and female.
1. Clinical Laboratory Services : Investigation facilities in Hematology, Microbiology, Serology, Biochemistry, PCR, Pathology.
2. Radiology & imaging services : X-Ray, mammogram, ultrasound, Fluoroscopy & C-Arm X-Ray, 128slice CT Scan, 3T Intra-operative functional MRI.
3. Endoscopies services- Upper & lower gastro-intestinal Endoscopy, bronchoscope, colonoscopy.
4. Echocardiogram, Electrocardiogram, Holter, TMT, ABP.
8. Blood bank
10. Cath Lab
11. EP Lab
13. Pain Clinic
14. Comprehensive and quality health care involving Clinical Psychologists.
Sample collection room
Report distribution room
Record room/store room
Ventilation and light in all room
Arrangement of water supply and electricity
Waste segregation and disposal system
Teaching learning arrangements in Tutorial Rooms with adequate teaching learning materials.
2. Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
7. Pulmonology/Critical Care/Sleep Management
8. Laparoscopic Surgery
9. Endourology Surgery
· Safe-Motherhood program is available as per the guidelines of Nepal Government which covers normal delivery, complicated delivery and cesarean section.
· Medical treatment facility to deprived citizens for cardiac diseases, head injuries, spinal injuries, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, kidney disease. Free treatment up to NRS 100000 for dialysis service.
Blood Bank to provide blood to patients and a blood component separation machine. Blood transfusion and blood donation program.
Tuberculosis patients are provided with free DOTS
Health camps in different remote areas of eastern Nepal including free check up, basic lab test, USG, free services for referred patients are provided in collaborating with government offices and local organizations for free.
Family planning, immunization program for free.
1. Dialysis Unit- Largest unit in the eastern part of Nepal equipped with 10 bedded dialysis (kidney treatment).
2. Diagnostic Facilities- Facilities like Radiology sevrvieswith 3T Intra-operative functional MRI, 128 slice CT Scan. Fully equipped laboratory facilities like Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Histopathology labs with availability of Blood Bank.
3. Clinical Departments- General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Emergency Medicine, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology( Head & Neck surgery, Dermatology, Dentistry, Anaesthesiology, Psychiatry)
4. Supportive Service Department- Billing, Medical Record, Security & Transport and others.
5. Ancillary Service Department- Central Sterile Supplies Department(CSSD0 & Family Welfare.
6. Specialized Services
7. Super-Specialty Departments
8. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit- Newer modes of ventilation with 7 ventilators, multi-parameter monitors, ABG machine, transport incubators and many other equipments for developmental care plan on board for appropriate growth and development of the babies.
Shopping is my option in contrast to Red Bull. Regardless…
Hundreds of years of preservation and perseverance, nourished and timely…
Hot Spring Trek is the comparatively easy walking trekking in…
Among the many 12 years festivals Nepal has, Lha Phewa…